I found myself struggling to come up with ideas for Valentine's day. I called my father, a scholar who, like Kevin, is preoccupied with research. What would a man like him want for Valentine's Day? " A card," he said. "Affection: hugs, kisses, etc. And small things. Things that show you care." This gave me an idea (fathers are such wise souls): why not give Kevin small things throughout the day? He loves surprises and is easily pleased with small things that are humorous or demonstrate my love for him. So this is what I did!
Items required for project:
1. brown paper bags
2. sticky notes
3. sharpie
4. hot peppers
5. extra hot barbecue potato chips
6. 2 Lindt chocolates
7. The Complete Collection of Ma and Pa Kettle
8. Fruit Leather
9. Willing friends, coworkers, random strangers, etc.
| Because you are too hot to handle. |
| Because I can't keep secrets |
| Because you spice up my life |
| Just because it's the V-day-thing-to-do |
Kevin adores fruit leather. These happened to be on sale! Yay! Hence the smiley face. I couldn't come up with anything cute to say about this. What would I say, "I like your leathery skin?" Not a compliment. And he doesn't have leathery skin. I could say "you're fruity," but that's not a compliment either. I think I a smiley face will do.
There they are, bagged and ready to go! Total cost: @ $15
Aww. So cute!
ReplyDeleteThat takes thought & creativity!! What a cool idea. My favorite are the peppers! lol
ReplyDeleteFruit Leathers: If you were a fruit, I'd pick you every time!
ReplyDeleteReally cute idea Sarah! Great job.
-Danae